Women into Leadership
Women into Leadership is back and bigger than ever! This year, our series of conferences will be delivered in-person at a wide range of regional locations, with one online event for those wishing to attend from home.
View upcoming events
About the event
Now in their thirteenth year, the annual Women into Leadership conferences have established themselves as the key events for all those interested in seeing leadership opportunities for women. Women into Leadership 2023/24 will examine how female leaders, at any grade, can enhance their skills to become the leader they aspire to be.
The conferences will offer hands-on advice and coaching on how to further develop your career in times of change. You will hear from inspirational women of all grades and levels, within and outside the Civil Service. You’ll discuss together how you can manage the challenges of modern leadership and help ensure the Civil Service doesn’t lose momentum in recognising and rewarding female leaders.
Understand what to expect from our events - watch some sessions below from previous Women into Leadership events.
Plenary sessions - the most inspirational leaders from within and outside the Civil service
Breakout sessions - smaller groups and maximum interaction
Connect and communicate with senior government and public sector stakeholders and attendees at our events. Our unmatched network and knowledge means we deliver meaningful engagements that make a difference.
From large scale exhibitions to intimate roundtables in Brussels, Holyrood or Westminster, our expert team curates events across the UK and Europe so you can:
- Engage directly with specific government stakeholders
- Understand and navigate the political environment
- Build the knowledge and network you need to stay ahead
- Learn from experts and maintain continual professional development
The FDA, along with other civil service unions, works proactively within departments on equality and diversity issues, playing a pivotal role in creating a fair workplace. A further commitment of the FDA to equality and diversity is to engage with diverse and often under-represented groups across its 19,000-strong membership, through its four diversity networks:
- Black and Minority Ethnic Network
- Disabled Members' Network
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Network
- Women's Network
Members of these networks meet regularly to discuss work issues, provide mutual social and professional support, and to help shape the policy of the FDA.
Please find below confirmed venues for upcoming Women into Leadership events.
London - 19 September 2023
Central Hall Westminster, Storey's Gate, London, SW1H 9NH
Manchester - 22 November 2023
Venue will be confirmed soon.
- "It was my first WiL and I certainly hope not my last. I very much enjoyed the virtual experience and, although many people / presenters / speakers mentioned that they prefer 'being in the room' I felt it was somehow more intimate and closer by being virtual"
- "This is without doubt the best virtual event in terms of presentation and content that I have attended."
Accounting Manager, Ministry of Defence
- "Really inspirational! I came for work reasons, I’m interested in the barriers to parents when taking leave but I actually found the day personally thought provoking. What type of leader do I want to be? What kind of culture can I create? Really happy"
HR Policy Lead, CS Employee Policy
- "The event has been one of the best days of development time I have given myself in a very long time. A valuable experience"
Deputy Director, Value Wales, Welsh Government
- "Brilliant. Inspiring. Want to do it again"
Project Manager, HMRC