Thursday 7th December 2023
Despite a steady rise in the number of women in policing over the past decade, the number of women in senior leadership ranks remains low. There is certainly some way to go to achieve gender-balanced leadership teams that are truly representative of the populations they serve.
Women in Policing seeks to provide current and future leaders with the skills needed to correct this imbalance. The unique conference explores the role of women in policing and offers practical advice and coaching on how to further develop your career in times of change. We will discuss together how we can manage the challenges of modern leadership and help ensure we don't lose momentum in recognising and rewarding female leaders in policing.
Please click here to view the full agenda.
- Examine the barriers currently facing female leaders (and future leaders) in policing and hear how to overcome them
- Understand when and how gender plays a role in both organisational and personal advancement
- Learn how successful women negotiate for what they need to be effective leaders
- Gain a deeper understanding of the skills, qualities and attributes needed to be a successful leader
- Raise the visibility of women as senior leaders in policing
- Create a lasting network of women leaders across the sector who are effecting change in policing