Thursday 7th December 2023
Despite a steady rise in the number of women in policing over the past decade, the number of women in senior leadership ranks remains low. There is certainly some way to go to achieve gender-balanced leadership teams that are truly representative of the populations they serve.
Women in Policing seeks to provide current and future leaders with the skills needed to correct this imbalance. The unique conference explores the role of women in policing and offers practical advice and coaching on how to further develop your career in times of change. We will discuss together how we can manage the challenges of modern leadership and help ensure we don't lose momentum in recognising and rewarding female leaders in policing.
- Examine the barriers currently facing female leaders (and future leaders) in policing and hear how to overcome them
- Understand when and how gender plays a role in both organisational and personal advancement
- Learn how successful women negotiate for what they need to be effective leaders
- Gain a deeper understanding of the skills, qualities and attributes needed to be a successful leader
- Raise the visibility of women as senior leaders in policing
- Create a lasting network of women leaders across the sector who are effecting change in policing
Policing Insight is the leading platform to keep up with the latest in progressive policing. It is where the global police and criminal justice community both consume and share knowledge, opinion and analysis. Policing Insight’s subscription community consists of government, policing, third sector, academia and industry, all interested in working towards better policing outcomes.
Policing Insight content consists of news, opinion, research and analysis produced by our editorial team and over 1000 external expert contributors, delivered through articles and reports as well as the hugely valuable Media Monitor service. Media Monitor is a curated daily brief and searchable database of over 80,000 links to articles and reports from media and policing and criminal justice organisations. Each link is tagged in detail creating an amazing research database.
Read, share and connect with our global audience - find out more at https://policinginsight.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org
PolicingTV is a video channel and a podcast dedicated to the big issues in policing featuring discussion by key policing figures via interviews and panels. Tune in to PolicingTV!
Contact us if you would like us to connect you with policing stakeholders and produce a video interview for your organisation - find out more at https://policing.tv or email email@example.com