Tuesday, 12th December 2023 | London
Despite making up 78% of the local government workforce, women account for only 17% of local authority leaders and 33% of council chief executives – statistics which have hardly changed for a decade. Meanwhile, following the 2019 council elections, just 35% of councillors are female, further representing lack of meaningful progress for women in Local Government. In the context of constitutional change and devolution, it is more important than ever that leadership teams in local government are fully representative of the populations they serve.
Following hugely successful events in London, Manchester and online over the past two years, Women in Local Government returns in 2022 to offer practical advice and coaching on how to address the barriers affecting your progression and further develop your career in times of change.
- Identify the unique leadership challenges and opportunities facing women in local government today
- Learn how successful women negotiate for what they need to be effective leaders
- Gain a deeper understanding of the skills, qualities and attributes needed to be a successful leader
- Raise the visibility of women as senior leaders in local government
- Create a lasting network of women leaders who are effecting change across local government