Building the Civil Service Workforce of the Future
Wednesday 7th October | 10.00 - 11.00am
The Civil Service is committed to being the most inclusive employer in the UK. Alex Chisholm, Permanent Secretary for the Cabinet Office, has said recently in Civil Service World, in the context of COVID-19 that ‘The Civil Service needs to take good decisions quickly, using available data and evidence, making use of multiple disciplines and professions including those outside of Government.’
Panellists Rupert McNeil, Bernadette Thompson and Richard Hillsdon will lead this one-hour webinar, as you build networks with peers across departments and share ideas for new ways of bringing in diverse talent in this interactive webinar.
Our panel of experts will provide insight into upcoming challenges for the Civil Service, and ways to build the right workforce to meet the challenge.
Members of the Panel will discuss:
- Challenges of the future and what kind of workforce is required.
- Examples of where there is progress, how it has been achieved and the impact on business performance.
- Re-imagining recruitment and selection to build the workforce of the future.
- Rupert McNeil, Government Chief People Office and Director General Shared Services, Cabinet Office
- Bernadette Thompson, Deputy Director for Inclusion, Wellbeing and Public Appointments, MHCLG
- Richard Hillsdon, Dods Associate and Lead on Success Profiles Training