Women in Public Technology
Three million individuals power the UK technology sector. Yet, within this thriving industry, female representation remains stubbornly low -- only 26% of these tech enthusiasts are women, and just 5% find themselves in leadership positions.
View upcoming events
About the event
There is no exception when it comes to the persistence of the gender gap for women working in public technology. Gender leadership gaps in the traditionally male-dominated field of technology have both visible and invisible barriers that continue to hold women back. Furthermore, there is marked lack of data and support addressing the specific circumstances of women working in public technology.
The unique Women in Public Technology conference seeks to address this gap and support next-generation female leaders in the sector. The event will bring together current and future leaders from across the sector to examine the role of women in public technology and the current and future challenges to leadership. Over the course of the day, senior leaders will offer guidance, coaching, and inspiration for further developing your career, reaching empowerment and fulfilling your potential.
- Examine the barriers currently facing female leaders (and future leaders) in public technology and hear how to overcome them
- Understand when and how gender plays a role in both organisational and personal advancement
- Learn how successful women negotiate what they need to be effective leaders
- Gain a deeper understanding of the skills, qualities and attributes needed to be a successful leader
- Raise the visibility of women as senior leaders in public technology
- Create a lasting network of women leaders across the sector who are effecting change in public technology
Who should attend?
The Women in Public Technology conference is aimed at all those who aspire to move into a leadership role or those already in a senior role looking to progress. Presentations and workshops offer practical advice and coaching relevant to all women across the public technology sector.
Looking for additional exposure to the public sector tech sector? We have a number of sponsorship opportunities perfect for those businesses looking to build a lasting impression within the Women in Public Technology event arena.
Download our sponsorship options pdf now, and decide what’s right for you.
Download sponsorship packages
About the Professional Women Conference Series
The Professional Women conference series explores the role of women in leadership and offers practical advice and coaching on how to further develop your career in times of change. The series brings together women from diverse sectors to discuss together how to manage the challenges of modern leadership and help ensure we don't lose momentum in recognising and rewarding female leaders. Find out more